Red, Baldy & The 'B'

Red, Baldy and the ‘B’

Monday, June 02, 2008

Looking Forward, Wishing for Better Now and Thinking Back

Tomorrow we go to see what color the parasite will wear. We thought with our second we'd like to be surprised. With the 'B' I had wanted to be surprised, but Baldy wanted to know the gender. Since he was in Iraq at the time I figured I could give him at least that. And there was no way I was going to let him know and not find out myself. Now with this one, we feel we've tried hard enough to get this far that we deserve a little look see.
On a much cruddier note I got some awful news today. A friend of mine that I met in college is not doing too well. She's been fighting leukemia for quite a few months now; has gone through a bunch of chemo, enough radiation to make four people light up in the dark and a bone marrow transplant. All this while her little girl turned one. Please pray for her and her family. If you read this, I'm thinking of you and miss you, and your pain in the ass sister too.
Besides my friend, right now there are way too many people that I know first hand who are gettting treated for, in remission of or who think they might have some form of cancer. Hell, Baldy's mom is on chemo and my dad is going in for surgery tomorrow. Fortunately I have a friend that beat it last year, for good hopefully, and I hope the other stories have that kind of ending too.
To end my ramble on a more positve note; my parents are celebrating their 52nd Wedding Anniversary today. In their 52 years they've had eight kids, welcomed 16 grandkids (with one on the way) and one great-grand baby. Way to go guys.